Wednesday, April 22, 2015

No Ugly Flowers - The Flimsy



Created using the Peppermint Pinwheels pattern in Sujata's book . . .




This started out as one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts
but I couldn't work on it just one block a month . . .




The fabrics and the design were just too much fun . . .




I added the leafy green to stabilize the outer edges 
using 1.5" strips of the batik binding fabric . . .




And I LOVE the 50" x 66" flimsy!!

* * *

CLICK HERE to see more photos on my blog.

* * *


THANK YOU, Sujata ~

I love your book!

Quiltdivajulie

2 comments:

  1. You have such a fun spirited way with color! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I love that thin border all around the flowers. I like to ass small borders at times or wider binding just to frame the quilt. I have so many on going projects and all I can think about is I WANT ANOTHER ONE OF THIS! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.