Monday, August 31, 2015

Kaffe meets Jinny and Friends top done

Close-up of some of the blocks that I made, all prints are Kaffe Collective and the reads as solid are a mix of Jinny Beyer and other fabrics that coordinate with the prints.  This quilt has 25 blocks and I only had to remake one (don't switch machines when making blocks, its a disaster in the making.
 
 Kaffe meets Jinny and Friends finished and ready for sending off to the quilter
Kaffe Flame is the backing - was lucky enough to find it at Quilted Threads in the Sale Room - bought the lot of it for 50% off...I even attempted to match the flames when I pieced the back. 
 
The binding is prepared and the quilt at 80x80 should be perfect for my bed in my trailer.  This quilt makes my heart sing.  I am planning on making another one but I have Winter on my list next.  My winter will be made.
I bought 2 layer cakes of this fabric and am going to make "Winter" out of this  - thinking yellow/gold as the contrast, but need to see what I can find in a Layer cake or some yardage.
 


11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt top... and even the back is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful fabric! Can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect back for the top. Isn't it great when you can find just the right fabric at the right price? Winter fabrics look great! Will you add contrast to this collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking maybe golden tones or grays, not sure almost bought the gold and yellow polka-dots but chickened out for now

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilt, great work. Congrats on that backing, such a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super quilt top/back combo . . . and I can't wait to see your Winter blocks come together. (I personally love the idea of the polka dots for contrast).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colours and what a find with the backing - which is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Every single one of these Rail Fence quilts make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty.....gotta love Kaffe...looks great every time....joyful. I'll look forward to seeing the next one...the fabric looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the comments - I am loving this quilt even more and can't wait to drop it off to the quilter - any ideas on quilting? I sometimes say quilters choice, but not sure this time.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.