Thursday, October 29, 2015

Batik Rail Fence- searching for placement

    All the blocks for the Rail Fence were sewn. I used 6" WOF because I had a small pack of them and added to them. I have one extra block. Now I have to decide the positioning. Finished block size is 19". The whole quilt would be 72 x 72 which is a bit big for a comfort lap quilt? I tried a 3 block by 4 block layout, but the scale of the zig zag seems too big to only go three repeats. This is when it would be helpful to have some one else in the room for feedback. Besides the cat. More placement ideas are on my blog, 
http://artinsearch.blogspot.com/2015/10/rail-fence-rolled-out.html

Mr. Trouble comes out of nowhere when the blocks hit the floor.

4 comments:

  1. Linda, I love this quilt. So bright and cheery! I am curious to now see all the arrangements you tried. Running over there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am off to follow Sujata - I adore batiks and this quilt is so full of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rail fence looks wonderful! And I agree, the overall effect is much better with more blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice..and of course Trouble saves the day...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.